The Many Faces of Ukraine and The Roles They Play
Thank you for joining in and ‘Watching Ukraine’ with us. In the first month we have had over 2,500 views of our blog. We are pleased to have followers at Oxford, Columbia, Princeton, the Guardian, the BBC, Ukr Pravda, Tyzhden’, Oxford Analytica and the Economist and even in the President’s Administration (I guess they are ‘keeping an eye’ on us, whilst we are ‘keeping an eye on Ukraine’).
Please join our automated mailing list to receive updates to the blog.
The March issue’s theme is “The Many Faces of Ukraine: and The Roles They Play”
The briefs this month will touch on:
Legal matters – what are they?, who benefits? and who is arrested?
Role of women in Ukrainian politics
Role of women in activism.
A who’s who of activists and ‘public intellectuals’
A who’s who of the top 20 faces to know in politics and economy in Ukraine
The state of Ukrainian journalism
The who’s who of Arts, Culture and Television
BRIEFS THIS ISSUE:
- To Kill A Journalist – Again? By Prof. Marta Dyczok
- Yanukovych’s Judicial Reform: Power & Policy By Prof. Peter Solomon
- YANEK IN HIS OWN WORDS: YOU BE THE JUDGE By Dr. Olga Onuch
- Kyiv’s Non-Mayor & Yanukovych’s Power Vertical By Dan Peleschuk
- Staying Afloat: Yanukovych’s Catch 22 By Orest Zakydalsky, Toronto-based Researcher and Analyst
- Ukraine’s Age of Activism By Andriy Kohut, Kyiv-based Political Activist
- Money Trumps Historical Culture as Kyiv Gets New Facelift By Daniel Fedorowycz, M.A. Candidate, CERES
- Inflation and Democracy: Yanukovych’s Achilles Heel By Danylo Spolsky, Kyiv-based Analyst
- Saving Ukraine, But Sacrificing Lviv? By Roman Kalytchak, Associate Professor of International Relations, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- President Yanukovych Turns One: What Has He Learned? What Has He Taught Us?- PART 2 By Dr. Olga Onuch